- Duration: 7N/8D
- Location: Aegean Coast, Gallipoli Battlefields, Pamukkale, Istanbul
- Available Seat:
- Price: USD 955
Aegean Bygone Tour
Classic Tour – 8 Days / 7 Nights
Day 1 – Istanbul
Welcome to Istanbul, a city steeped in history! You’ll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is yours, free to relax or explore this amazing city.
Day 2 – Istanbul Old City
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of Istanbul – once known as the former imperial capital of the byzantine and Ottoman empires. We visit the Blue Mosque, the Haghia Sophia, soak in the Sultan’s opulence at Topkapi Palace and explore the Hippodrome. Tonight get to know your travelling companions a little better at your welcome dinner.
Day 3 – Gallipoli Battlefields
Early morning departure, headed towards the WW1 battlefields of Gallipoli. Our guided tour of the area will cover ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine Australian War Memorial and cemetary, Chunuk Biar New Zealand War Memorial and cemetary, the Nek, Johnston’s Jolly and the many fortified trenches still clearly visible among the scrub after all these years.
Day 4 – Troy, Acropolis of Pergamum
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse. Travelling along the coastline, we continue to the magnificent Acropolis of Pergamum, Asia Minor’s former political powerhouse, although now a laid-back market town packed with ancient sites. Visit the impressive temples and library and interesting remains.
Day 5 – Ephesus, Kusadasi
Transport yourself back to life in ancient times today as you stroll the stroll the streets of Ephesus and visit the Temple of Artemis. Try out your singing skills in the well preserved theatre before we continue on to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. This afternoon we visit a carpet weaving centre to learn about the dying art of Turkish carpet weaving – how they are made, and the factors that determine their value.
Overnight Kuşadası (B, D)
Day 6 – Pamukkale, Hierapolis
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that we reused in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Overnight Pamukkale(B, D)
Day 7 – Bursa, Istanbul
Today you head back to Istanbul, passing through rural Turkey and ancient Bursa to visit the famous Green Mosque and explore the Silk Bazaar.
Overnight Istanbul (B)
Day 8 – Istanbul
After breakfast our tour concludes and we say goodbye to our new friends and are transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
(B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
Twin Price From: USD 955
Single Price From: USD 1315
- Inbound Airport Transfer – Istanbul – Atatürk Airport (IST) OR Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
- Outbound Airport Transfer – Istanbul – Atatürk Airport (IST) OR Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Car ferry fees between Topcular and Eskihisar
- Car ferry fees between Canakkale and Eceabat
- Tips except driver and guide
- Entrance fees
- 7 nights 4 star accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners
Tour does not include;
- Suggested optional activities
- Tips – driver and guide
- Istanbul – Old City Tour
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original Tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Bergama – Pergamum Tour
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis
- Bursa – Green Mosque
- Bursa – Silk Bazaar