- Duration: 7N/8D
- Location: Istanbul, Ankara, Cappadocia, Goreme, Konya, Pamukkale - Pamukkale, Aphrodisias, Ephesus, Izmir
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: USD 1059
Day 1 –Saturday – Istanbul & The Bosphorous
Welcome to Istanbul, a city steeped in history! You will be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. At 1pm you will enjoy a visit to the Spice Bazaar, and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you cruise along the Bosphorous.
Day 2 – Sunday – Ankara, Cappadocia
After breakfast we depart for Turkey’s capital, Ankara, where we will visit Anitkabir, the Mausoleum of the Turkey’s founding father, Mustafa Ataturk. This afternoon we will drive to Cappadocia, home of the fairy chimneys and famous for its lunar like landscape.
Overnight Cappadocia (B, D)
Day 3 – Monday – Goreme, Underground City
We spend today touring Cappadocia and surrounds. Sights you will see include the Goreme open-air museum, Pasabag, Uchisar castle and Kaymakli Underground City. You will be amazed by the incredible landscape of this area so have your camera charged and ready to go! This afternoon we will learn how Turkish carpets are made and the factors that determine their value. Tonight you will have the option of attending a Turkish folk dancing evening – this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Overnight Cappadocia (B, D)
Day 4 – Tuesday – Konya, Pamukkale
Leaving Cappadocia we follow ancient traders footsteps & head south along the Silk Road. On route we visit Sultanhani Caravansary, before stopping at Konya to tour the Mevlana Museum. After visiting Konya we continue on to Pamukkale.
Overnight Pamukkale (B, D)
Day 5 – Wednesday – Pamukkale, Aphrodisias
Visit the fascinating, travertine terraces of Pamukkale. The ancient city of Hierapolis, with the calcified formations or ‘cotton castle’, set into the mountainside, are an impressive sight. We then visit the ruins of Aphrodisias, known for its Temple of Aphrodite, and the site of an ancient school of marble sculpture. In the afternoon we head towards Kusadasi.
Overnight Kusadasi (B, D)
Day 6 – Thursday – Ephesus
Be prepared to be amazed today when you visit the ruins of the ancient city of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis. As you stroll the streets, you will feel as if you have been transported back to ancient times. This afternoon we will enjoy a display of local handcrafted leather before heading back to Kusadasi.
Overnight Kusadasi (B)
Day 7 – Friday –Izmir to Istanbul Old City
Transfer to Izmir airport for your flight back to Istanbul. On arrival tour this beautiful city which was once known as the former imperial capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. We will visit the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, soak in the opulence at Topkapi Palace and explore the Hippodrome.
Note: Optional Bosphorous Dinner Cruise tonight.
Overnight Istanbul (B)
Day 8 – Saturday – Istanbul
Free time until your departure transfer to the airport where your tour concludes. (B)
Twin Price: USD 1059
Single Price: USD 1399
- Inbound Airport Transfer – Istanbul – Atatürk Airport (IST) OR Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
- Outbound Airport Transfer – Istanbul – Atatürk Airport (IST) OR Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Domestic flight between Izmir and Istanbul and transfers
- Tips except driver and guide
- Entrance fees
- 7 nights – accommodation.
- 7 Breakfasts, 5 Dinners
Tour does not include;
- Suggested optional activities
- Tips – driver and guide
- Istanbul – Spice Bazaar
- Istanbul – Bosphorus Cruise
- Rumeli Hisari Fortress
- Ankara – Atatürk’s Mausoleum
- Göreme Open Air museum
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Cappadocia – Üçhisar – Citadel
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Pamukkale – CalciumTravertines
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Istanbul – Old City Tour
- Istanbul – St Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hippodrome