There are lots of famous Bollywood movies shot in Turkey.
Ajab Prem Ki Ghajab Kahani
Denizli – The “white heaven” Aegean district of Pamukkale, which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage site, is one of the most popular spots among Indian filmmakers. The travertine, a type of crystallized rock, of Pamukkale attracts at least five Bollywood films a year. Prominent Indian film companies and producers choose central Anatolian Cappadocia because of the interest it generates among audiences. Musical scenes from the film “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” have been shot in the district’s white travertine. The film stars actor Raj Kapoor’s grandson Ranbir Kapoor and the famed actress Katrina Kaif. In recent year’s film companies from Japan and India showed great interest in Pamukkale and Cappadocia.Plan my Turkey Vacation Now
Ek Tha Tiger
The movie was shot in Turkey at the below mentioned locations:
• Maiden’s Tower for the introductory scenes of Istanbul
• Mardin Zinciriye Medresesi, for the scenes at the start of the movie
• Mardan Palace in Antalya for the scene of the UN Foreign ministers meet
The plot of the movie : A scientist from Trinity College is suspected of being involved in the selling of missile technology to Pakistan. The Indian government decides to send out their secret agent, codenamed Tiger, to check if the allegations are correct or not. During his mission, Tiger falls for the professors caretaker Zoya, and this is when the two embark on a rollercoaster journey that begins from Dublin and takes them to different cities of the world.
The movie was shot in Turkey at Ortaköy Mosque, Besiktas in Istanbul for the song – Maine Yeh Kab Socha Tha
The plot of the movie: A wealthy man invites four people to his private island to blame three of them for his daughter’s sudden death. The next morning, the wealthy man is found murdered.Plan my Turkey Vacation Now
The movie was shot in Turkey at the below locations:
• Nuruosmaniye Mosque, Istanbul, for the song Mayya Mayya
• Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey for the introductory scenes of Istanbul The plot of the movie: A villager, Gurukant Desai, arrives in Bombay 1958, and rises from its streets to become the GURU, the biggest tycoon in Indian history.Plan my Turkey Vacation Now
- Mardan Palace, Antalya, Turkey: Depicted as John Abraham’s palace
- Remains Of The Large Public Roman Bath, Perge, Turkey for the song : Be Intehaan.
- The plot of the movie : Ranvir treads through the world of the Indian mafia in Turkey as he looks to avenge the death of his lover and partner in crime.